Hungary division is participating in the GCA (Guest Controller Approval) program in accordance with R&R T.2.
Any member outside HU Division who wants to control any position in the HU Division (all facilities in Hungary) has to apply for a prior approval from the HU-HQ.

Application for a GCA

The applicant should send a motivation letter to After reviewing the application the Hungary Training Department will get in touch with the applicant for the rest of the procedure. Please provide your full name and VID when applying for a GCA.

Ratings and facilities

  • Members with a GCA in the Hungary division should at least hold ADC (Aerodrome Controller) rating, although waivers can be granted by division HQ.
  • Member shall be in good standing in his/her home division. Hungary division HQ reserves the right to ask about the applicant at his/her home division staff.
  • Members requesting a GCA in Hungary may be subject to a training or checkout before approval to check if the applicant’s knowledge of the local procedures is sufficient.
  • Members with an ADC rating can choose to apply for a GCA on LHBP TWR, and additionally LHBP APP.
  • Members with an APC rating or higher can additionally apply for a GCA on LHCC.
  • Exemptions from the aforementioned restrictions can be granted by division HQ for experienced controllers.
  • HU division staff may decide to restrict the GCA to certain position per individual case.

Language requirements

English is the only language used for operational purposes within the Budapest FIR. In practical, local language (Hungarian) may be used for domestic VFR flights in uncontrolled airspace if both parties speak Hungarian, but they shall immediately change to English phraseology in any other case. Knowledge of Hungarian greetings are highly appreciated and beneficial.

GCA in other divisions

To apply for a Hungary GCA member cannot hold more than five (5) GCAs in other divisions. HU division HQ may grant waiver per individual case.

Maintaining your GCA

After a successful checkout your GCA will be issued to your profile. However there is no time limit when your GCA expires and renewal would be mandatory, GCA holders are expected to control at least five (5) hours per month in Hungary. HU Staff may decide to leave out this rule per individual case if good reason is provided (e.g. school exam period). Inform HU Training Department beforehand to prevent a revoke of your GCA.

Members holding a GCA for Hungary are asked to divide their controlling time in their home division, other GCAs and the HU GCA in order to give the Hungary members their chance to do ATC and work their way through the ratings. If HU division staff determines the member is controlling too many hours in Hungary thus he/she limits HU members to provide ATC, the staff may ask him/her to limit the hours spent on Hungary facilities. Not following these recommendations may result in GCA revoke with an immediate effect.

Division change

Members deciding to leave Hungary division will not be eligible for a GCA in the first six (6) months. HU division HQ may decide to make an exception per individual case.

Staff members

Staff members of foreign divisions are expected to behave exemplary as they would do in their home division as they are representing both their home division and IVAO in general. If the Hungary division staff feels that the shown behavior does not meet the requirements of being a staff member, the GCA will be revoked and his/her home division HQ will be contacted.

Revoking GCA

GCA will be revoked without prior notice in the following cases:

  • Behavioral troubles
  • Member becomes inactive (inactive account)
  • Member becomes suspended (suspended account)
  • Member does no longer meet the skill criteria set up on approval
  • Member does not connect any of Hungary facilities for at least 5 hours per month without providing good reason

When such revoke occurs, the member will be ineligible for a Hungary GCA for six (6) months following the revoke.

Application form
The Application form is under construction.
Please send an email to to request a GCA Approval.