Dear IVAO Member!
Slovenia and Hungary Division would like to welcome you to the »Portorož |LJPZ – Hévíz-Balaton | LHSM« Air Bridge Event. The Event will be on 10th October 2017 between 17.00z to 20.00z.
Pilots who will fly on this Event will get to know Slovenia smallest international airport Portorož (LJPZ) and Hungary Hévíz-Balaton international airport (LHSM), previously known as Sármellék International Airport, located west of Lake Balaton.
Like always, the main goal is that pilots have fun and enjoy flying VFR – using Visual Flight Rules ans IFR – using Instrument Flight Rules. The other goal is to increase popularity of flying in Slovenian & Hungary virtual airspace and to increase overall traffic on IVAO network.
Event Date: Tesday, October 10th 2017
Event Time: 1700z - 2000z
Event Type: Airbridge
Countries: Slovenia and Hungary
Airports involved: LJPZ, LJLJ, LHSM, LHBP
Before 1700z and after 2000z ATC services are not guaranteed.
* IFR LJPZ - LHSM
Above FL130: ILB DCT DIMLO DCT NALOX DCT SME
Below FL130 down to A080: ILB DCT VALLU M859 DIMLO DCT NALOX DCT SME
In case of heavy traffic and due limited space in LJPZ apron, you can expect to be diverted to Ljubljana international Airport (IATA: LJU, ICAO: LJLJ)
IFR Charts are available HERE
* VFR LJPZ - LHSM
LJPZ PE1 DIVACA VFR1 CELJE VFR2 MS3 VELIKANEDELJA ME4 DIMLO DIOSKAL LHSM (up to 7500 ft)
Slovenian VFR Chart is available HERE
* IFR LHSM - LJPZ
Above FL130: NALOX DCT DIMLO DCT ILB
Below FL130 down to A080: NALOX DCT DIMLO M859 VALLU DCT ILB
In case of heavy traffic and due limited space in LHSM civil apron, you can expect to be diverted to Budapest Airport (IATA: BUD, ICAO:LHBP)
IFR Charts are available HERE
* VFR LHSM - LJPZ
LHSM DIOSKAL DIMLO ME4 VELIKANEDELJA MS3 VFR2 CELJE VFR1 DIVACA PE1 LJPZ (up to 6500 ft)
Hungarian VFR Chart is available HERE
* Bare in mind that the above routes are the up-to-date real world routes. If you have an old AIRAC installed some of the waypoints will not work.
* If you are following your own selected route, please avoid selecting closed airways or any other invalid selections.
* Please avoid flying DCT routes without coordinating with an active controllers.
There are few basic rules that you need to follow so that you successfully finish this Event:
I. Follow all IVAO Rules and Regulations.
II. All flights must be flown online and with real weather (simulated daytime any good weather are allowed for VFR flights).
III. Flights can be flown on Tuesday, 10. 10. 2017 from 1700z - 2000z
IV. Flights must be flown with normal simulation speed (1x).
V. Pay attention to your flight plan. PIREPs with wrong ICAO codes, wrong flight rules, etc… will be rejected.
VI. User may fly as much flights as they wish between LJPZ - LHSM and LHSM - LJPZ.
VII. Check for the latest LJPZ and LHSM sceneries.
VIII. Aircraft for this tour must be one from the table below. Other traffic will be diverted to Ljubljana LJLJ airport.
IX. No military aircrafts allowed.
X. For each completed flight, you have to fill a report via IVAO Tours Reporting System.
XI. Be prepared for flying in Portorož airspace. There is only procedural control available. If you don’t have sufficient knowledge, please fly VFR. IFR traffic must know how to fly IFR procedures, no
vectors are available.
All pilots are kindly requested to:
- Be prepared - have access to charts.
- Note the SID altitude restrictions and STAR speed restrictions.
- Be ready - you may be asked to enter holds, fly headings and speeds.
- Remember - Aviate, Navigate, Communicate.
- Maintain radio etiquette.
Note that due Portorož runway length, aircraft selection is limited due:
- IFR Procedures are for approach CAT A and B only,
- Strength of apron and runway is PCN 35/F/C/X/T.
If you take in to account both things above, only aircraft from the list below are allowed (examples are in brackets):
- General Aviation aircraft up to MTOW 5700kg (C172, PA28, PA34, C208, DA40, DA42, etc),
- Business Aviation aircraft with landing or take-off mass up to 27 tons (it depends on the tyre pressure as well) and Approach CAT B or A (C310, C441, C550, C750, CL604, F2TH, DHC6, GLF5,
- Cargo and passenger aircraft landing or take-off mass up to 27 tons (it depends on the tyre pressure as well) and Approach CAT B or A (AT42/72, ATP, B1900, BE40, B350, BE9L, DHC7,
DH8A/B/C, D228, D328, SW4, E110, E120, F27, F50, JS31, JS41, SF34, SB20, SH36, etc).
Note that pilot should also check, what is the maximum takeoff weight allowed to take off from the Portoroz runway that is 1.200 metres long.
It is not allowed to use one of the following aircrafts:
- Military or fighter aircraft,
- Aircraft with a maximum weight above of 27 tons (54,900 lbs.),
- Aircraft with approach CAT C or D,
- Supersonic aircraft.
IVAO Slovenia division providing free charts & sceneries for Slovenia airports. While learning the complexity of creating FS sceneries, some great add-ons were made and are updated when knowledge improves. Sceneries are available on IVAO Slovenia division website. X-plane, Prepare 3D and FS9/FSX are supported although not for all airports.
Portorož airport is available for all flight simulators while others are mainly made for FSX.
IVAO Hungary division providing free charts for their airspace and airports. You can found Freeware scenery for Balaton LHSM Airport. All FS2004/FSX, Prepare 3D and X-plane versions are supported. You can find also a lot of other Hungarian Freeware or Payware sceneries on the internet.
For every flight on this event Pilots will receive 1 point per flight (of 10 required) to obtain the Slovenia Best Pilot 2017 Award. Maximum 2 flights can be flown for award purposes.
Send your pirep HERE
Every controller covering an active position during Event (in LJLA, LOVV & LHCC FIR) will be awarded with ATC Events Award. If you participated on this event as active ATC controller, send your pirep HERE
All inportant informations and limitations about Airbride Event can be found HERE.
On behalf of both divisions, we hope to see you at the event. Enjoy the full and quality ATC, challenging and unique airports and stunning views!